Workers were busy Monday stripping the Sonic Restaurant, getting it ready for demolition. With the widening of FM 455, Sonic is rebuilding and turning the restaurant from north and south to east and west. Sonic Corporation bought the land, where the old Chevrolet dealership was for many years, just west of the current location and will use both parcels of land for the new Sonic. They are hoping to have it completed in two to three months.
The TXDOT widening project will be from FM 455 – From west of FM 2450 (Bolivar) to east of Marion Road (Sanger High School); the project is slated to have 100% plans ready in September 2020 with a January 2022 let date. Consultant held a Traffic Control Plan meeting with TXDOT in early July and is working on requested revisions. Upon completion of TCP revisions, the 95% plan submittal will take place. Anticipate submittal of 95% plan set in September 2020 and the final plan set in December 2020. A utility coordination meeting was held on June 23:
Utilities will start being moved this month.
• Bolivar Water: Has preliminary plans and is awaiting reimbursement agreement.
• CenturyLink: Completion of plans was August 2020.
• CoServ Electric: Plans for the east side of the project have been completed.
• Nortex: Awaiting plans.
• Sanger Electric: Currently designing plans.
• Sanger Water/Wastewater: City council to approve bonds for relocations. Plans are being designed.
• Suddenlink: Awaiting plans.
*Source - Denton County Precint 1 Commissioner Hugh Coleman