City Announces Facility Closures, Suspension of Municipal Court Proceedings, and Suspension of Events and Programming
In order to protect the health and safety of the community and the employees, and help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), City Manager Alina Ciocan has announced the following operational changes out of an abundance of caution.
In-person Municipal Court proceedings have been suspended until Friday, May 8, 2020 under an emergency order from the Supreme Court and the Court of Criminal Appeals.
All City-sponsored events and programs are suspended through Friday, May 1, 2020. This includes all programming hosted by all departments.
The library will be closed through Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Facility and room rentals are suspended through Friday, May 1, 2020; this includes the Community Center, Presbyterian Church, and Park Pavilions.
At this time, City Council, board, and commission meetings remain scheduled.
If you are at high-risk or are feeling ill, use caution and do not visit public facilities.
The City is also implementing other measures across its facilities to safeguard the well-being of community members and staff. All City facilities are being thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. The library has a number of online services patrons can access with their library card. These include e-books, audiobooks and online databases. Find out more at www.sangerlibrary.org. They also encourage the use of the online payment system to make utility and municipal court payments along with mailed and automated payments.
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. As the City continues to monitor the developing impact of COVID-19 in Texas and the Dallas-Fort Worth area, these measures may be extended and additional precautions may be taken in the future to limit the risk to the community, including adjustments to other City facilities and services.
A list of canceled and rescheduled events will be available at www.sangertexas.org/page/covid-19.
“We are working diligently to monitor and respond as the situation continues to evolve. The City will continue to release updates at www.sangertexas.org and the City’s social media channels.”
They also encourage the community to access the following resources for more information about COVID-19:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Texas Department of State Health Services
Denton County Public Health
City of Sanger Announces Public Lobby
Closures to Reduce COVID-19 Risk
In an ongoing effort to protect the health and safety of the community and our employees, and to help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), beginning Wednesday, March 18th the City of Sanger will close ALL PUBLIC LOBBY AREAS until Wednesday, April 1, 2020. These include:
• City Hall (502 Elm St)
• Police (209 N. 5th)
• Municipal Court (309 N. 3rd St)
• Development Services (201 Bolivar St)
• Economic Development (201 Bolivar St)
• Parks and Recreation (201 Bolivar St)
• Electric (202 Railroad Ave)
• Public Works (201 Bolivar St)
City business will be conducted with minimal interruptions. Citizens are encouraged to continue to do business with the city online, by email and over the phone.
The City will continue to reassess the situation and make adjustments as necessary.
UTILITY BILLING & FINANCE
Utility payments may be made via the following methods:
• The utility payment drive-through is open between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Friday.
• A night drop box is located at the back of City Hall.
• Payments may be mailed to: PO Box 1729, Sanger TX 76266.
• Online payments may be made at www.sangertexas.org.
Utility and Finance employees may be contacted by phone at 940.458.7930 or email at email@example.com.
• If you have an emergency, please call 911. If you are in need of a Sanger Police Officer please call 940-458-7444. Sanger Police Department After Hours please call 940-349-1600.
• All accident reports may be purchased online at https://cris.dot.state.tx.us/public/Purchase/app/home/welcome
• Any police report request may be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact: 940-458-7444.
Open Records Request
• Open Record Request Forms - http://www.sangertexas.org/page/govt_city_secretary_public_info fill out and drop off at the drive-through at city hall
• E-mail request to the City Secretary at email@example.com
• Fax to City Secretary at 940-458-4180
• No permits will be issued at this time and all current permit holders will be requested to refrain from going door to door until further notice. If you are a permit holder please call the City Secretary if you have any questions at 940-458-7930.
• Permitting, scheduling of inspections, and fee payments will be conducted electronically on the Community Connect system.
• All planning services will be conducted electronically via email and the Community Connect system.
• All meetings will be conducted via tele-conference.
• Staff will be available during normal business hours by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 940-458-2059.
• All communication regarding Economic Development should be directed to:
Shani Bradshaw, Director of Economic Development Office: 940-458-9096 email@example.com
• The Electric department can be contacted at 940-458-2064 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENGINEERING • All communication regarding Engineering should be directed to: Office: 940-458-2718 or 940-458-2571
LIBRARY • The library will remain closed until Wednesday, April 1, 2020. • Online resources and e-books can be found at our website at www.sangerlibrary.org. • Be sure to follow us on Facebook for virtual events and resources. If you need assistance or have questions please contact us at 940-458-3257 or email email@example.com. MUNICIPAL COURT
• Municipal court will continue to accept payments through the mail and our online portal.
• To submit your request for driver safety course or deferred disposition, please use the forms on our web page and mail your request to the court.
• For more information or questions, please contact the court at 940-458-7131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARKS & RECREATION
• All facility rentals and programs and events have been suspended until Friday, May 1, 2020.
• The Parks & Recreation department can be contacted at 940-458-2059 or by email at email@example.com .
• The Public Works department can be contacted at 940-458-2571 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.